A beautiful wood dining table adds warmth and character to any home, but it is important to maintain it properly to ensure its longevity. Here are some tips to keep your wood dining table in pristine condition.
1. Dusting: Wipe the table frequently with a soft, clean and dry cloth to remove any dust or dirt that accumulates on the surface. This prevents the accumulation of scratches or abrasions that may dull the finish.
2. Check for spills and stains: Be sure to check the table after each meal for spills and stains. If left untreated, these can cause permanent damage to the wood finish. If there’s a water or liquid spill, use a microfiber towel to instantly clean and dry the area.
3. Clean with mild soap solution: Occasionally, clean the entire table with a mild soap solution to remove grime and dirt. Mix a gentle dish soap and warm water in equal parts. Dip a soft cloth into the solution and then wring it out. Wipe the table gently, being careful not to scrub the wood grain.
4. Avoid abrasive cleaners: Abrasive cleaners or sponges can actually cause permanent damage to the table’s finish, so avoid using them. Stick with mild solutions and soft cloths.
5. Buff the table: If you want to add shine to your table, be sure to buff it carefully after cleaning. Use a microfiber cloth to buff it by rubbing it gently in the direction of the grain. The cloth will pick up remaining dust and leave a beautiful shine.
6. Consider using a wood protector: Wood protectors are great for preventing scratches, nicks, and other surface damages. It’s a good investment if you have small children who may be prone to spilling food or other items.
7. Don’t place hot items directly on the table: Avoid placing hot dishes directly onto the wood table surface as this may leave a burn mark or ring in the finish.
By following these tips, your wood dining table will continue to look beautiful for years to come.