If you are in the market for a new dining table, but cannot seem to find the perfect one, why not make your own? A round dining table can be a great addition to any home, and it is much easier to make than you may think. With some basic tools and some good instructions, you can create a beautiful round dining table that will be the perfect addition to your home.
- 1 Sheet of Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) that is at least 48 inches in diameter
- 4 Wooden Table Legs
- 8 Hex Bolts
- 8 Nuts
- Wood Glue
- Paint or Stain
- Circular Saw or Jigsaw
- Paddle Bit or Spade Bit
- Wrench or Socket Wrench
- Sanding Block or Electric Sander
- Paintbrush or Staining Rag
1. Cut the MDF sheet into a perfect circle using a circular saw or jigsaw. You can trace a circle onto the sheet using a compass or draw a circle around a large object like a bucket or pot.
2. Sand the edges of the circle using sandpaper or an electric sander. Be sure to smooth out any rough spots or splinters.
3. Flip the circle over onto a flat surface and attach the four table legs using wood glue. Be sure to space the legs evenly so that the table will be stable.
4. Drill a hole through the center of the MDF circle and into the top of each table leg. Use a paddle bit or spade bit that is the same size as your bolts.
5. Insert a bolt through each leg and into the hole in the MDF. Tighten the bolts using a wrench or socket wrench.
6. Sand the entire table, including the legs, using sandpaper or an electric sander. Begin with a coarse grit and work your way up to a finer grit to ensure a smooth finish.
7. If desired, paint or stain the table using a brush or staining rag. Be sure to read the instructions on your paint or stain to ensure the best results.
Your round dining table is now complete and ready to use! Not only did you save yourself some money, but you also created a unique and beautiful piece of furniture that will be the perfect addition to your home. Enjoy your new table with family and friends during your next meal.